Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Want to hear about jobs that match your search criteria as soon as they are posted? Simply perform a search and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a box where you can enter your email to receive notifications as soon as a job that matches your search criteria comes available.
Click column header to sort
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Senior Estimator will be responsible for coordinating the costing process on commercial and residential construction projects while taking on some leadership/mentorship opportunities with the juniors on our team.
With excellent people skills the Senior Estimator is expectd to effectively communicate project estimate details to clients/owners, architects and other project stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to develop leadership skills as we continue to develop our junior to intermediate estimators. Responsibilities include:
- Manage, train and develop a mid-sized team of experienced estimators looking for mentorship
- Review designs to identify opportunities for cost savings without sacrificing quality
- Review bid packages from sub-contractors and suppliers and take ownership of estimating input and preliminary construction schedule
- Conceptual estimating from preliminary drawings through final cost analysis
- Communicate with subtrades to assist in budgeting to ensure they understand their scope of work
- Attend design meetings with Owner and Consultants
Reporting to the Equipment Manager, the Labourer / Equipment Delivery Driver will be responsible for delivering equipment to clients across the Lower Mainland. As a key member of the Axiom Builders' team, you will also be responsible for tasks related to keep the machinery and equipment clean and in good condition. When you are not preparing the equipment and delivering them to clients , you will provide labour assistance and completing adhoc tasks around the Yard. The ideal candidate is one that is reliable and a strong communicator - your positive attitude will be key to your success in this role.
As part of the Preconstruction team, the Project Scheduler will be responsible for setting up the project schedule and structure with the general superintendents, the virtual construction team (to implement schedules in 4D), as well as the estimating team (to determine realistic and accurate timelines). After handing off the final schedule to the execution, you will be responsible for conducting spot checks to ensure projects are tracked accordingly by the Project Management team.
As a small equipment operator, you will complete tasks related to the equipment you are handling (Tele-handler, bob cat, fork lift, zoom boom and scissor lift) in a safe manner. Your main responsibility will be to organize loading and unloading construction deliveries in a timely manner.
As a Man Hoist Operator, you will be operating a hoist to raise, lower, and move materials, supplies, equipment and staff around the site. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect and record pre-shift inspections on hoist equipment and cables
- Maintain good housekeeping in and around hoist ways
- Report malfunctions or defects to supervisor
- Ensure Compliance with all regulatory requirements
As a member of the Traffic Control Team, you will be responsible for the execution of Traffic Management Plans within and surrounding construction zones. Responsibilities include:
- Protect the safety of the work crew and the public by directing motor and pedestrian traffic
- Prepare and Set-Up all traffic plans and lane closures
- Coordinate all deliveries
- Adhere to all Axiom Health and Safety policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, PPE and clothing appropriate for the elements
- Assist in the professional response of public complaints
The Construction Safety Officer will enforce our company safety policies, work procedures, and WSBC OH &S Regulations. They must cooperate with the Site Superintendent, complete all necessary investigations, chair site safety meetings, record minutes, and submit daily, weekly, and monthly required reports. They will conduct effective site inspections to ensure that no person can be exposed to unsafe conditions or unsafe activities.
The Project Manager provides overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance and project status. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, this position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, engineers, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract.
Being a satellite office, this role will offer a lot of autonomy and growth as we continue to build new projects in the city, but also the chance to pave the way for a reputable construction brand in the West to enter the Edmonton market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule, costs and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
- Act as front-line contact with consultants, engineers, trades, site staff, and the owners
- Promote and project the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers
The Construction Site Foreman is responsible for organizing, supervising and running logistics, delivery and traffic control operations for the construction project site. Reporting to the Site Superintendent, this position will oversee the work on the project, maintain work schedules and communicate progress to their Superintendent. Responsibilities include:
- Control and coordinate site entry access, both onsite and offsite logistics, for the trades
- Liaise with trades on all incoming delivery and staging activities, and how the materials are being scheduled
- Lead, execute and communicate the plan to the crew with clear directions
- Be responsibility for safety, quality and production
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a foot-in-the-door opportunity and stepping stone towards a supervisory role.