Click column header to sort
Axiom Builders is looking to add a new Project Manager to one of our largest, most complex, landmark redevelopment projects in the Lower Mainland. This large-scale site features multiple residential towers with over 1000 homes, both indoor and outdoor amenities for the residents, and a major commercial and retail space on the ground. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of this unique project from preconstruction to completion.
The Project Manager will provide overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, consultants, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule, costs and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility;
- Act as front-line contact with consultants, engineers, trades, site staff, and the owners;
- Promote and project the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers.
- Work closely with site field staff to ensure they have the proper resources to successfully execute the project;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, resolving issues, managing client expectation, and ensuring client satisfaction.
Axiom Builders is looking for a Design Coordinator to join our virtual construction team and help to ensure that the needs of our development partners are being incorporated into the design process. Reporting to the Design Manager, the Design Coordinator will work closely with our on-site project team to review drawings and assist in contract administration throughout the building process. Responsibilities include:
- Support the Design Manager in advising clients and ensuring designs are in accordance with construction standards and practices;
- Enter information into Revizto (drawing review platform) with clear description and priority for consultants while keep track of existing issues and changes;
- Assist in design coordination, project management control of RFI, and shop drawing coordination process;
- Manage drawing and model workflows with our virtual construction team;
- Communicate with project stakeholders, consultants, and trades as necessary.
Axiom Builders is looking to bring on an Estimator to support the costing process on various mixed-use, commercial and residential construction projects, including some of Axiom’s most complex, iconic projects in Lower Mainland. Reporting to the Senior Estimator, the Estimator will have the opportunity to shadow experienced estimators to maintain cost databases and effectively communicate project estimate details to clients, owners, architects and other project stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Use knowledge of construction methods to determine the most cost-effective approach;
- Review bid packages from sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Coordinate and assemble estimating input, while reviewing designs to identify opportunities for cost savings;
- Conceptual estimating from preliminary drawings through final cost analysis;
- Communicate with subtrades to assist in budgeting to ensure they understand their scope of work;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Estimating leadership team.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator communicates project details and safety protocols to subtrades, clients/owners, architects and other project stakeholders. This position provides an exciting opportunity to be involved in all aspects of construction documentation control, systems and processes, including, but not limited to, on-line document and drawing management, project scheduling, contract administration, package tendering, RFI’s, S.I.’s, suite changes, procurement process, and material controls.
- Work cohesively with teams of subcontractors, engineers and outside consultants and participate actively in meetings as required;
- Reporting of project progress and productivity to senior management and clients;
- Review designs and use knowledge of construction methods to determine the most cost-effective approach;
- Communicate with subtrades to assist in budgeting to ensure they understand their scope of work;
- Read and organize all general and technical specifications, drawings, contracts and construction documents;
- Other duties as required.
Axiom Builders is looking to add a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to our growing Payroll team and assist in the timeliness, accuracy, and compliance of payroll and benefits activities for multiple Axiom Builders' construction entities. The successful candidate will work closely with our Construction Administration team on onboarding new employees and on preparation of payroll for 500+ hourly and salaried employees. This position will also be the first point of contact for any employee inquiries about our convenient and self-serve payroll and benefits system.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Promote and encourage a customer-service and employee-friendly culture within the Payroll department and within the company;
- Maintain positive relationships with staff at all levels (site and office) to answer questions, introduce new initiatives, etc;
- Recommend and implement system/process changes and efficiencies;
- Review electronic timesheet data and process bi-weekly payroll for both hourly and salaried employees;
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders regarding implementation of new initiatives;
- Organize and manage billings and regulatory filings: life insurance, extended health, CRA, RRSP, WCB, EHT, etc;
- Manage employee changes, electronic employee profiles and documents received via our online ticketing system (rate changes, promotions, offers, etc) to ensure the accuracy of information within our systems and timely processing;
- Process terminations including record-keeping requirements (e.g. issue ROEs);
- Assist with benefits administration, payroll accounting: payroll journal entries, reconcile payroll GL accounts, resolve outstanding items, etc;
- Support with year-end functions and work with managers to design and implement reports for internal reporting;
- Ensure compliance with changes in employment standards, collective agreements, legislation, and best practices, recommend and implement changes as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller or Management.
Axiom Builders is looking to add a Talent Acquisition Advisor to facilitate the full-cycle talent acquisition process as we continue to grow and scale our business. Partnering with our leadership team, the Talent Acquisition Advisor will serve our hiring managers at every stage of the cycle, from defining position details, evaluating candidates, assessing risk to coordinating on-boarding. With a mix of high-volume positions and a diverse range of management roles, the Talent Acquisition Advisor will have the opportunity to work across all business functions (from accounting to virtual construction) and with stakeholders at the most senior level. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the full-cycle talent acquisition process from multi-channel candidate sourcing to hiring;
- Deliver an excellent candidate experience to all applicants at every step in the interview process;
- Partner with the leadership team to plan for short term and long term hiring needs;
- Design creative recruitment programs and strategies to reach the hourly workforce in the market;
- Monitor and leverage agency recruitment partners to fill unique positions within the organization;
- Create and implement new initiatives to enhance the overall employer brand reputation;
- Assisting the Manager, Talent, in project work, including university and campus programs, career fairs, international recruitment plans, and other recruitment initiatives.
Working closely with Site Superintendents and the Regional Safety Managers, the Construction Safety Officer (CSO) will enforce our company safety policies, work procedures, and Work Safe BC occupational health and safety regulations on the assigned construction site. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct effective site inspections to ensure nobody is exposed to unsafe conditions or activities;
- Enforce safety protocol among the team, including contractors and sub-trade partners;
- Lead site safety meetings and record minutes;
- Facilitate safety orientations for all new hires and guests visiting the site;
- Submit required daily, weekly, and monthly safety reports;
- Maintain and build a culture of health and safety on site;
- Other duties as required.
Hiring for sites across the Lower Mainland (Richmond, Surrey, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Vancouver)
Reporting to the Director, Construction, the Senior Project Manager will provide overall direction for the construction process of one of the largest, most complex, landmark redevelopment projects in the Lower Mainland. This large-scale site features multiple residential towers with over 1000 homes, both indoor and outdoor amenities for the residents, and a major commercial and retail space on the ground. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of this unique project from preconstruction to completion.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance, project status and client satisfaction. Projects managed are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and oversee the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects by identifying project risks, developing project plans and implementing contingency plans;
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, resolving issues, managing client expectation, and ensuring client satisfaction;
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project;
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained;
- Develop and maintain the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates;
- Provide strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved;
- Maintain, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings;
- Manage the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards.
Axiom Builders is looking a Senior Superintendent for an upcoming complex, multi-phase residential concrete high-rise project in the Vancouver area. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Senior Superintendent will lead a project team to direct and manage the overall operations, quality and schedule of construction site and project. He or she will work closely with both internal and external partners, such as our safety department and our subcontractors, to execute construction in a manner consistent with Axiom Builders' objectives. With the support of the larger project team, the Senior Superintendent will be responsible to:
- Identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule interruptions or difficulties, and other project issues; works collaboratively with Project Manager to resolve issues;
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor performance with regards to safety and scope of work;
- Administer contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, site instructions and change notices to ensure scopes, terms and conditions are properly executed;
- Provide regular updates regarding, such as field reports, safety inspections, schedule updates, etc;
- Ensure sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality objectives;
- Ensure all employees, subcontractors and contractors are adhering to the company safety policies;
- Supervise and direct team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations;
- Work in partnership with Head Office an communicate effectively with all departments and provides reports as requested.
Axiom Builders is looking to add a Manager, Corporate Development & Partnerships, to our Special Projects team. The successful candidate will be focused on leveraging Axiom’s existing relationships to identify the unique needs of our clients and strengthen the project pipeline of our growing Special Projects team. The successful candidate will work in partnership with our estimating and project management team to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule, cost and quality. This role is divided into two main areas:
- Strengthen and leverage Axiom’s existing relationships to identify opportunity and ensure the growth of the Special Projects portfolio;
- Build connections with trades, developers and the construction network to identify and track the future needs of the market;
- Represent Axiom’s ability and expertise to new and existing clients, but more importantly our core values and mission;
- Promote the image of efficiency, quality and technical competence to all external stakeholders.
Operations and Project Management
- Review project pipeline, budgets, and schedules with owners and developers on a regular basis to ensure excellent and flawless delivery of projects;
- Guide and work in partnership with the team of project managers, superintendents, trades and Coordinators;
- Ensure overall project performance milestones are met, including costs, schedule, quality and status;
- Provide construction input and ideas to owners and developers when necessary.