Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Want to hear about jobs that match your search criteria as soon as they are posted? Simply perform a search and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a box where you can enter your email to receive notifications as soon as a job that matches your search criteria comes available.
Click column header to sort
Axiom Builders is looking to bring an experienced Construction Buyer to join the growing team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Construction Buyer will work directly with our project teams to ensure the timely delivery of material and services across our construction sites. The successful candidate will join the Procurement team to support our projects in sourcing material from vendors throughout the Lower Mainland and work with internal departments to ensure the purchasing process and project schedules are executed. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with project teams and site staff to support project buying requirements;
- Purchase material and service requirements for all construction projects using internal ERP system
- Create, track and expedite orders in a timely manner to ensure schedules and projects needs are met;
- Work with Accounts Payable and Vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies;
- Develop and maintain great relationships with internal stakeholders, site staff and suppliers;
- Communicate proactively and regularly with Superintendents and Project Managers on upcoming purchasing needs;
- Travel to sites when required to meet internal stakeholders and suppliers.
Axiom Builders is looking for a Construction Accounting Manager to lead and develop a growing project accounting team. As a Construction Accounting Manager, you will manage an accounting team on a diverse portfolio of projects and play an integral role with the growth and development of the business. As the lead liaison for the construction accounting team, you will provide guidance and communicate with leadership on status of projects. The successful candidate is an experienced project accounting expert that can mentor and lead others to achieve their goals together within the organization. As the Accounting and Finance team plans to scale alongside the Construction business, this role will be key in developing the team for long-term success. Key responsibilities include:
- Mentor and lead a construction accounting team of experienced project accountants with the support of the Controller;
- Oversee all client invoicing requirements, progress draw preparations, and functions to correctly report on project costs, revenue, and margin;
- Identify, address, and resolve accounting issues from project teams, trade partners, suppliers, and project management teams;
- Manage and review accuracy of month-end and quarter-end close processes for various projects including all reconciliations, and project cashflow forecasting and reporting;
- Evaluate financial and project reports detailing accounts payable status generated by team;
- Establish communication with all internal and external project stakeholders to ensure the team’s workflow and project deadlines are managed efficiently.
Working closely with the Executive Leadership, Director of Safety, and site project teams, the Regional Safety Manager will be responsible for ensuring all HS&E procedures meet and exceed safety goals of projects in the Vancouver, Surrey, and Richmond regions of British Columbia. Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, train, and mentor the HS&E team across projects to support the project management and site team in ensuring safety procedure is being followed;
- Advise on safety investigations, reporting, training requirements and process and ensure follow up actions are taken;
- Implement procedures and develop initiatives that are in compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and corporate safety policies;
- Measure and evaluate overall HS&E performance, and deliver solutions and advice for inefficiencies to senior leadership of related teams;
- Conduct spot checks with work sites to ensure compliance, including assessing safety protocol of subcontractors and their teams.
Axiom Builders is looking to add a new Project Manager to our three-tower over 40-storey tall development located in Surrey. This multi-purpose site is close to a skytrain and includes rental apartments, retail, and office spaces with over 1,300 units, including outdoor and indoor amenities such as dog parks, rooftop and outdoor patios, and a 5-storey underground parkade. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of this unique project from preconstruction to completion.
The Project Manager will provide overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, consultants, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule, costs and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility;
- Act as front-line contact with consultants, engineers, trades, site staff, and the owners;
- Promote and project the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers.
- Work closely with site field staff to ensure they have the proper resources to successfully execute the project;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, resolving issues, managing client expectation, and ensuring client satisfaction.
Axiom Builders are currently looking to hire a Contracts Advisor to assist with our contact lifecycle from beginning to end and assess any risks within the contracts and managing the compliance. This role will work on multiple contracts while effectively collaborating with all levels of the business. Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, key responsibilities are;
- Support the life cycle of contracts through the draft, revise, and negotiation stages including executing new and existing contracts;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and departments such as supply chain, estimating, project management, and leadership to identify risks and collect information;
- Ensure an effective transition from pre-award to post award of the contract;
- Acting as contractual representative between company employees and customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations;
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports, extension or renewal, close-out, and other documents for all projects;
- Review contract terms and agreements to ensure they follow company policies, including recommendations and implementation of changes as required.